The biggest gathering of operational risk professionals
The 16th annual flagship OpRisk North America 2014 conference hosted by Operational Risk & Regulation will take place on March 26-27th in New York.
Operational risk internal controls failures, breakdowns in operational processes and lapses in oversight function were significant contributors to a number of recent high-profile events. The pace of new regulatory requirements can challenge the change-management capabilities of some banks can lead to increased operational and compliance risks if banks do not adequately invest in control processes, systems, or staff.
Join us at OpRisk North America and learn how to identify control, oversight and systems weaknesses and process flaws across different products and activities and to promote resilient compliance programs.
Some of the key topics that will be discussed include:
- Improvements in protection against cyber threats, effective business resiliency plans and vendor management
- Progress in pricing operational risk
- How to define, monitor and action operational risk appetite/tolerance
- Regulatory standards and capital adequacy requirements for oprisk
- Integrating oprisk into ERM framework
- Adapting credit and market risk techniques to oprisk
- How can you add value to the business?
Speakers already confirmed for 2014 include:
- Lauren Rieder, Global Head of Operational Risk Management, RBS Markets
- David Ridgway, Head of Risk, North America, BNY MELLON ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Gus Felix, Managing Director, Global Head of Operational Risk, CITIGROUP
- Marcelo Cruz, Adjunct Professor, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Kaufman Management Center, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
- Günther Helbok, Managing Director, Head of Operational Risk, BANK AUSTRIA UNICREDIT
- Jonathan Stein, Chief Risk Officer, HESS CORPORATION
- Nedim Baruh, Executive Director, Head of Operational Risk Capital Modelling, JP MORGAN
- Philippa Girling, Executive Vice President, Business Chief Risk Officer, CAPITAL ONE COMMERCIAL BANK
- Adrienne Haden, Assistant Director, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation, FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD
Get in front of the key decision-makers and purchasers. Sponsorship opportunities are available now for the 2014 conference. Contact Ian McGuinness on:
T: +44 (0) 207 3169475