This website contains information about the 2013 OpRisk North America conference that took place March 18 - 21 in New York. Once 2014 event information becomes available this website will be updated - please check back regularly.
The 15th annual flagship OpRisk North America conference hosted by Operational Risk & Regulation magazine was a huge success and took place on March 18-21st 2013 in New York.
In the face of massive regulatory change, the most far-sighted financial institutions in North America and globally are seeing operational risk management as a source of competitive advantage rather than simply an exercise in meeting regulatory requirements for their business. Join c200 senior operational risk management professionals from around the region to share experience of how this is being done and learn from industry leaders about their approach to challenges.
Keynote speakers for 2013:
Charles Taylor, Deputy Comptroller for Regulatory Policy, OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY
Melissa Sexton, Chief Risk Officer, CONCORDIA ADVISORS
Amongst others the 2013 OpRisk North America speakers will include:
- Eva Leighton, Managing Director, Head of Operational Risk Management, MORGAN STANLEY
- Spyro Karetsos, Director of Enterprise Risk Management, VANGUARD
- Jodi L. Richard, EVP, Regional Head of Operational Risk and Control, HSBC NORTH AMERICA
- Sridhar Ramamoorti, Associate Professor, School of Accountancy Director, Corporate Governance Center, KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY
- Mairtin Brady, Senior Managing Director, Head of Operational Risk, TIAA-CREF
- Steven Benyo, Vice-President, Retail and Business Banking Operational Risk Management, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP
- Gus Felix, Managing Director, Global Head of Operational Risk Management, CITIGROUP
- James Fisher, Executive Director, Operational Risk Control, UBS GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Alfred Seivold, Senior Examination Specalist - Basel II Coordinator, FDIC
- Daniel Varghese, SVP, Corporate Audit - Operational Risk, BANK OF AMERICA